Specialty Rx Represents the Greatest Threat to Pharmacy Benefit Solvency
- The number of specialty medications has grown from 15 to over 300 since 1995.
- They account for 20% or more of annual spend on pharmaceuticals.
- They often cost over 50 times more than traditional drugs.
- They are critical to patient care.
- They treat complex and chronic conditions.
- They can cost thousands to hundreds-of-thousands of dollars per treatment.
Specialty Benefit Management Group is a clinical pharmacy services provider that offers clients an unparalleled track record of clinical management experience necessary to effectively curb plan costs for specialty pharmaceuticals. SBMG’s team of professionals has managed specialty pharmacy benefits covering over 2 million lives for more than 15 years. We make sure that medications are being prescribed only to patients that will benefit from them. Our clinical professionals engage prescribing doctors to choose the best-possible drug therapies in each individual case based on clinical and cost effectiveness. No pharmacy benefit plan sponsor can afford to be without the SBMG program.
Our Specialty Rx Management Features And Benefits Include:
- Regular communication with prescribing doctors and patients.
- Prevention of inappropriate and unnecessary prescribing.
- Enhanced quality of care.
- Immediate, measurable, and verifiable cost-savings.
- Independent, clinical expertise. No conflicts of interest.
- Very low cost per case and great return on investment for our clients.